Mr and Mrs Smith reboot to star Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Donald Glover

Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Donald Glover are going to star in a reboot of 2005 film Mr and Mrs Smith.

The original movie, about two married assassins who are ordered to kill each other, starred Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie – and led to the actors forming a real-life relationship.

It will now be remade as a series on Amazon Prime, and released next year.

Fleabag star Waller-Bridge and Atlanta actor Glover will also be executive producers on the show.

“Talk about the dream team!” Jennifer Salke, head of Amazon Studios, said. “Donald and Phoebe are two of the most talented creators and performers in the world.

“It’s truly a dream for us, as it will be for our global audience, to have these two forces of nature collaborating as a powerhouse creative team.”

Both Waller-Bridge and Glover are multi-award-winning actors and writers – Waller-Bridge for the BBC Three series Fleabag in particular, and Glover for his TV comedy-drama Atlanta. Glover has also won multiple music awards for his performances under his musical stage name, Childish Gambino.

When it was released, the original Mr and Mrs Smith had mixed reviews. While the Washington Post called it “a kicky, twisted thrill ride”, San Francisco Chronicle critic Mick LaSalle called it “glossy, but awful”.

M4 crash: Road reopens after pedestrian dies near Bridgend

The M4 has reopened after being closed for several hours following the death of a pedestrian.

The motorway was shut in both directions between junctions 35 at Pencoed and 33 at Cardiff West, after several vehicles hit the man at about 05:45 GMT.

South Wales Police said the 34-year-old’s family was being supported by specialist officers.

The road reopened shortly before 16:00, about 10 hours after it was closed.

Sex attacker hunt after nine assaults in five hours

Nine sex attacks took place in a city park in the space of just five hours, police say.

The assaults happened in and around Singleton Park, Swansea between 08:00 GMT and 13:00 on Friday, South Wales Police said.

A 24-year-old man, who was arrested on Friday, has been released with no further action.

A cyclist who was captured on CCTV has been urged by the force to come forward.

“We appreciate these incidents are concerning to local residents who are regularly using the park during lockdown,” Det Insp Peter Collins said.

“We are taking this very seriously and our investigation is ongoing. We also have extra patrols in and around the park.”

He urged anyone with any information to contact the force.

Swansea: Nine sex attacks in Singleton Park reported

Nine sex attacks took place in a city park in the space of just five hours, police say.

The assaults happened in and around Singleton Park, Swansea between 08:00 GMT and 13:00 on Friday, South Wales Police said.

A 24-year-old man, who was arrested on Friday, has been released with no further action.

A cyclist who was captured on CCTV has been urged by the force to come forward.

“We appreciate these incidents are concerning to local residents who are regularly using the park during lockdown,” Det Insp Peter Collins said.

“We are taking this very seriously and our investigation is ongoing. We also have extra patrols in and around the park.”

He urged anyone with any information to contact the force.

River Trent search: Police recover two bodies from car

The bodies of a man and woman have been recovered from a car in the River Trent.

Searches had been ongoing since witnesses saw a car floating in the river near Hoveringham, Nottinghamshire, on 1 February.

Emergency services had located the car days later but struggled to reach it because of the fast flow of water caused by flooding.

Nottinghamshire Police said the family of the couple had been informed.

The force said specialist divers discovered the two bodies inside the vehicle after 10:30 GMT on Saturday.

Insp Tim Ringer called it a “difficult and complex” operation.

“Underwater recoveries of this nature are always very challenging, but our divers’ work has been further complicated by the very fast flowing water at the site,” he added.

“It was simply not safe to attempt this work before today.”

The car had been located using sonar technology days after the report but “treacherous conditions” prevented its recovery, police had said.

Witnesses had reported seeing two occupants inside a car floating along the river after it left Hoveringham Road and entered the water.

Eyewitness Pauline Bulpitt said at the time: “It was quite shocking. My husband rushed to get his Wellington boots, hoping the car would come into the bank further up and we might be able to do something to help.

“There was another gentleman running down the field to see if he could do something to help but the car carried on down.”

Although the bodies had not been recovered sooner, police said they believed they knew who the people were and their relatives had been supported by officers.

Appliances found dumped at the top of Eccles Pike

A woman said she was “shocked and surprised” to find two household appliances dumped at the top of a Derbyshire beauty spot.

The machines, thought to be two dryers, were found at Eccles Pike near Chapel-en-le-Frith on Friday morning.

Jane Inglefield said those responsible “must have been crazy” to make the journey in the snow and ice.

The machines were removed by High Peak Borough Council after Ms Inglefield posted photos online.

Ms Inglefield, who was dog-walking when she made the discovery, said: “I was shocked and surprised when I saw them but I didn’t hang around long because it was absolutely freezing.

“It is quite a trek to get up there. It’s quite steep and there’s a lot of snow and ice there at the moment so it’s slippy.

“They must have been crazy dragging them up there.”

Eccles Pike is 370m (1,210 ft) high and Ms Inglefield said she regularly visited the peak while walking up to 15 dogs a day.

She found the machines at about 09:20 GMT and sent photos via social media to a local councillor.

“From where you park your car it’s only five minutes straight to the top, but you wouldn’t normally go up there with a washing machine, or two,” she added.

“To have taken them up the hill I thought it must have been part of a bet or to make some kind of statement.

“It’s not the obvious place that you fly-tip something.”

Harpurhey shootings: Officers bitten by teenager after arrests

Four police officers have been attacked by a teenage boy who was arrested following shootings in Manchester.

Police raided nine properties on Friday after a number of incidents, including three shootings, in Harpurhey since the start of February.

They arrested six people, all male, aged between 16 and 31, including a 17-year-old who said he was unwell.

He was taken to hospital, where he attacked the four officers with him, biting two of them.

A 69-year-old special constable suffered an arm wound while a police constable was injured in the leg. They have since been discharged from hospital.

Greater Manchester Police said the officers “were left understandably shocked” but managed to finish their shifts later.

The arrests followed reports of shots fired and damage to properties and cars in February, in what detectives believe to be attacks linked to a feud between two criminal groups.

Police said they found two machetes and a bullet casing in Friday’s raids.

The six arrested people were held on suspicion of firearms offences and criminal damage.

They include a 17-year-old boy who was also detained on suspicion of assault of an emergency worker. He remains in custody.

Supt Rebecca Boyce said the arrests meant they were “able to drive a wedge between those individuals we believe to be involved in this criminality”.

“The recklessness and the frequency of these incidents…made it of great importance that we take strong and swift action to disrupt this criminal activity and to reassure the public that we are doing all we can to tackle this issue,” she added.

Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact them.

Devon twins celebrate 90th birthdays by moving in together

Twin sisters are celebrating their 90th birthdays by moving in together for the first time in decades.

Pauline Vincent and Jacqueline Hetherington had been living in separate sheltered accommodation in Ashburton, Devon, when they decided it was time to become flatmates.

Mrs Hetherington’s daughter Jaine Swift said they were inseparable.

“They really need each other and get very anxious when they are apart,” she said.

“At this stage of their lives it seems perfect that they move in together.”

Mrs Swift and other family members helped the sisters move on Friday and made them a birthday breakfast of smoked salmon and champagne on Saturday.

The sisters, who were born in Halifax, west Yorkshire, in 1931, came to Devon in the 1960s, with Mrs Vincent working as a secretary and Mrs Hetherington raising a family of four children.

Mrs Swift said the twins had not lived together since their 20s when her mother married but remained close throughout their adult lives.

Asked if the siblings ever fought, Mrs Vincent said they were “harmonious together” but Mrs Swift pointed out that her aunt was the tidier – and more bossy – of the pair.

“I don’t like to be left alone,” Mrs Vincent added.

Burst pipe leaves thousands without water in Glasgow

Nearly 53,000 homes and businesses in Glasgow have been left without water after a main supply pipe burst.

Scottish Water said the 36in (91cm) trunk main failed at Bearsden Road in Anniesland early on Saturday.

Nearby roads were flooded, with the water turning to ice in many places in the sub-zero temperatures.

Engineers were working to isolate the damaged pipe and re-route the network so that water could be restored to customers.

Police were called as traffic management measures were put in place.

A spokesperson for Scottish Water said: “We would like to apologise to customers in Glasgow who are experiencing disruption to their water supply this morning as a result of a burst on one of our trunk mains serving the western side of the city.

“Our priority is to restore normal service for customers as quickly as possible and provide assistance to residents in the vicinity of the burst, working closely with our emergency response partners.

“Once our team has isolated the damaged section of pipeline, we will be able to begin recharging the network and restoring supplies over the course of this morning.”

Regular updates on the situation will be provided via Scottish Water’s website.

Customers have been warned that water may appear discoloured or cloudy when their supply resumes.

They are advised to run their cold tap at half pressure until the water runs clear.

Ballycastle: Man and woman dead after crash on Moyarget Road named

The woman and man who died after a serious crash near Ballycastle, County Antrim, on Friday were Brigid Wilkinson and Owen McMullan.

Ms Wilkinson, 21, was from Ballycastle and Mr McMullan, 25, was from Armoy in County Antrim.

Two cars were involved in the collision on the Moyarget Road, which was reported just after 16:50 GMT.

PSNI Cons McKeever said that “sadly, both Brigid and Owen were pronounced dead at the scene.”

A female passenger was taken to hospital, where she remains receiving treatment.

The Moyarget Road has since reopened to traffic.

Police are appealing for anyone with information or dashcam footage to contact them.

SDLP Causeway Coast and Glens Borough councillor Margaret Anne McKillop said it was “heartbreaking news”.

“The local community here in Ballycastle are devastated. I know they will pull together and try to support the bereaved families as best they can,” she added.